KIOXIA introduces new levels of performance with Enterprise NVMe SSD family featuring PCIe 5.0 technology
CM7 series SSDs available in new EDSFF E3.S and industry standard 2.5-inch form factors
KIOXIA Europe GmbH today announced that its CM7 Series enterprise NVMe SSDs are now shipping to select customers. Optimized for the needs of high-performance, highly efficient servers and storage, the CM7 family is designed with PCIe 5.0 technology in Enterprise and Datacenter Standard Form Factor (EDSFF) E3.S and 2.5-inch form factors.
Having introduced the industry’s first EDSFF drives designed with PCIe 5.0 technology last year, the addition of the CM7 Series expands KIOXIA's leadership position and allows OEM customers to deliver best-in-class performance to end users: These SSDs saturate the PCIe 5.0 interface at 14GB/s read throughput.
The EDSFF E3 family enables the next generation of SSDs with PCIe 5.0 technology and beyond to address future datacenter architectures, while supporting a variety of new devices and applications. It provides improved airflow and thermals, signal integrity benefits, eliminates the need for LEDs on the drive carriers, and gives options for larger SSD capacity points.
- EDSFF E3.S and 2.5-inch 15mm Z-height form factors (U.2 and U.3)
- Designed to the NVMe 2.0 and PCIe 5.0 specifications, and supports SFF-TA-1001/U.3 functionality
- SFF-TA-1001 (also known as U.3 ) capable with Universal Backplane Management enabled systems
- Read-intensive (1 DWPD) capacities up to 30.72TB
- Mixed-use (3 DWPD) capacities up to 12.80TB
- Dual-port design for high availability applications
- Flash Die Failure Protection maintains full reliability in case of a die failure
- Cutting edge feature support - SRIOV, CMB, multistream writes
Paul Rowan, vice president of SSD marketing and engineering at KIOIXA Europe GmbH commented: "With AI and ML applications on the rise, storage demands are exponentially increasing to unprecedented levels. Solutions are needed that can deliver a dramatic ramp up in capacity, while still maintaining the same degrees of quality, reliability and endurance. Our EDSFF drives with PCIe 5.0 technology respond to these requirements, seamlessly doubling performance. They also offer the quality that KIOXIA customers have come to expect from us as the acknowledged inventors of NAND flash."